Exxonfx.com is owned and operated by Safecap Investments Ltd., an EU Licensed and Regulated and Forex broker. Please review this page to learn about Forex and Margin Requirements.
- Customer must maintain the Minimum Margin Requirement on their Open Positions at all times.
- Exxonfx.com has the right to liquidate any or all Open Positions whenever the Minimum Margin Requirement is not maintained.
- Margin requirements are subject to change at any time. In order to prevent any confusion, Exxonfx.com, at its best effort, will inform customers about any projected changes on Margin Requirements by email and via the messaging system of the trading platform at least a week before changes are implemented.
Margin Requirement Levels
Margin requirements are calculated by dividing the true dollar value of a position by the maximum leverage allowed for that trading instrument.
35,000 EURUSD position at 1.4000
35,000 x 1.4000 (dollar value of 1 Euro)/200(maximum leverage) = $245
What is the margin requirement of 1,400,000 USD/JPY position?
1,400,000 has a 0.5% margin requirement (200:1 leverage) which equals: $7,000
- Customer will get an automatic margin call notification when logged in to the trading platform if the Equity should, at any time, equal or fall below 100% of the Used Margin.
- If the Equity should, at any time, equal or fall below 20% of the Used Margin for Customer’s Account in the aggregate, Exxonfx.com will liquidate any part of or all Open Positions in a Customer’s Account. Closure of positions will be done on the basis of best execution prices available to Exxonfx.com at that time.
- Customers are responsible for placing their own Stop Loss Orders to minimize losses.
- In addition, Exxonfx.com may, from time to time and at our best effort, contact Customer and request that Customer deposit additional Collateral to secure Customer’s obligations to Exxonfx.com. Any call for additional margin shall not be deemed precedent for future calls nor future waiver of liquidation rights by Exxonfx.com.